mardi 14 août 2012

"I Said, 'Good Night' At the End of the Day"



I said, "Good night" at the end of that day
My voice was dispersed in the misty way
The shroud of loneliness wrapped my heart
And to hide my trepidation, it was so hard

Sleepless I was on my bed thinking
Of nothing, but "What he's now doing?"
My head on the pillow remembering our talk
"Look at the sky, together each night we'll walk."

"Distance is nothing as miles we can shrink,
And in the stars our glasses we can drink.
Every night we will be together,
For in the stars no one can reach us nor will our souls sever.

In the stars I met you, and with a big smile I greeted you.
I sat down in front of you, seeping your love can't you see?
For drunken, faint, sleepy in you arms I want you,
To hold me and with your breath you rescue me.

To my reflection, I started to smile, too,
My eyes half-closed, I could see you.
So handsome and nice you seemed to me,
"But Oh! Where are you, honey?"
Was it a mere reflection of you?"

I looked at my hands with a shuddering move,
Impatiently I rummaged thoughts and memories in my mind
Checking if there's still something from you above
Yet, I can stand that nothing I was able to find.

At once, I recalled you in and how blessed we used to be
As being in the stars, we were so close and near.
Holding you tight, my heart beat you could hear,
Singing to you merrily, "I love you, my dear."


In the stars I met you, and with a big smile I greeted you.
I sat down in front of you, seeping your love can't you see?
For drunken, faint, sleepy in you arms I want you,
To hold me and with your breath you rescue me 


The entire atmosphere is bewitched to be romantic
I stretched my hand to you as you offered me a dance
Promise: "I'll be always with you, don't forget me."
A special dance in the stars, we will be only you and me so hectic."

Lobna Smida                        

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire