dimanche 23 septembre 2012

Let Smile BE My Strongest Weapon"



The trail of events was dusty with acts,
Following I was that ponderous and pensive lady
Watching, then reviewing all the facts
I couldn't make the room of my thoughts so tidy

My mind's eye rummaged in my brain
Fetching for some sweets called "memories"
It looked for that infant with no vain
Ah! She's here but grown thirty-one years old again

"Is that you, Lobna?" My ego asked
"Yeah, I'm." I replied in a gasp
"What's up? Why do you shiver?" It posed
"Am so lonely can't you see? Don't bother my calm." Retreating in the night's clasp

Lying down on my bed,
I relished the whistling of the wind outside.
Relishing the feeling of my limbs being numb
"Ah! Thank God." I hummed.
For no call of my faithful visitor Pain in any side
Tonight, I smiled!

Peacefully, I closed my eyes dreaming of tomorrow
Surely, it'll wipe that tears from my half-closed eyes
And sweep away with its broom of rays my sorrow
And with its new ray-soap of sunshine will wash my face

"Hey Lobna! Goodnight!" A voice whispered
"Who's there? I merrily sighed
"Am the moon, your companion tonight"
It was barely shown from the gaping clod of cloud to my sight.

Again my thoughts jostled one another
"Am the past…Am the present…Am your future" Talking
"Hark!" I begged." Don't speak to me together"
"Am so tired, behold me." The doors of time I was banging

Again my thoughts jostled one another
"Am the past…Am the present…Am your future" Talking
"Hark!" I begged." Don't speak to me together"
"Am so tired, behold me." The doors of time I was banging
I returned to my self with tears of the past
Yet the achievements of the present are ripe
And surely their seeds will germ in the future and my effort's harvest I'll collect
I witnessed the new day coming from the dawn wrapping me in its cloak, too white
Today, I smiled too!
For all those who are reading me

Lobna Smida

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire